I had a hard time titling this post...it could also have been dubbed "Karma"...but "Turds in the Tub" had a nice ring that was too good to pass up.
This week, I had my first "Girls Night Out" with 2 of the moms in G3's playgroup, Jenn and Salena. This was a much-anticipated outing that the 3 of us had planned for quite some time, and the main objective was to hang out with each other without our little rugrats clinging to us. Without diaper bags, without having to stop and feed them, change them, appease them, punish them, or push them around in strollers. Our 3 husbands (and in my case, my mother in law as well) took charge of our kids for the night, and we headed out for some shopping and dinner at the Olive Garden. We shopped, ate, and drank with abandon, and all in all had a great night of girl-bonding.
I got home around 10:30pm, full of smiles and feeling very refreshed. I had not had a single text or call from Gabe all night, so I assumed it had been a routine evening. Really, bedtime is a no-brainer in our house. Dinner, pajamas, bottle, book and then "Do you want to go see Duckie?" and our little G3 runs to the stairs in excitement. Anyhow, though I'd told Gabe he could skip the bath if he wanted, he decided G3 needed to be hosed down and dumped him into the tub with some bubbles. And then...
"Guess what?" he said to me as soon as I walked in the door. "The kid shit in the tub!"
Once I finished laughing hysterically, Gabe gave me the rest of the details...G3 crapped, there was a floating turd, and he'd had to take a washcloth and pick it up and throw it away. In between the laughter I didn't bother to ask him why he didn't just, um, flush it? But anyhow, those of you who know Gabe know that he doesn't really change dirty diapers. Actually, correction: he does not change dirty diapers. He has done it about 3 times ever. Its just something I've come to accept--when Gabe has G3 alone and I'm not here, he does it (but not without telling me all about it in gory detail, like I don't experience the grossness of diaper changing myself on a daily basis.) But otherwise, I do it.
But live poo floating in the tub?? That has never happened and I have to say that yes, that would probably gross me out. So, my friends, have a good laugh because this is what I'd like to call "karma"...turds in the tub!
1 comment:
All that comes to mind, Pay Day bar and Caddyshack:). Way to save the good one's for dad G3!
Post a Comment