Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Spoke Too Soon!!

Please ignore my previous RIP Sophie post...because she is BACK!!


No kidding. After 8 days god knows where, she's home!! Last night I went out with my girlfriends, and we went to see the movie Paranormal (side note: para-dud.) Anyhow after I got home Gabe kept pausing the tv and "listening"...said he kept hearing something. I kind of thought he was just messing with me since he knew I had just seen a scary movie, but then he said "It sounds like a cat." Of course, you would think that since I have a cat missing we'd go outside and check, but I really, really didn't think there was any possibility that (a) what he was hearing was a cat and (b) that it was Sophie. I went to bed shortly after.
Around 1a.m. I was frighteningly awoken by Gabe animatedly shaking the crap out of me. I screamed something like "NO! Leave me alone!" but once I actually woke up and realized I was not being attacked by a Paranormal poltergeist, I realized what Gabe was so worked up about.
"Sophie's back!" he said.
"No she's not..."
"She is! Come on!"
Leading the way like a kid on Christmas morning, Gabe bounded down the stairs and I was right behind him. And wouldn't you know it...there was Sophie!!! In the kitchen!!!!! She was really back!!!
The story goes, Gabe was out in the garage and heard scuffling and meowing AGAIN. He opened the garage door, and in she ran! (His version: he rescused Sophie and he's a hero.) In any event, she really is back...quite thin and with 2 big ticks in her neck, but no obvious injuries. She ate a ton last night and has basically been napping on Mickey's bed all day today, taking snack breaks here and there. And she's been super affectionate...maybe her travels have taught her not to bite the hand that feeds her??????
Oh what I wouldn't give to know where she was!! But I guess it will stay a mystery...I am just thankful she is back, and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world...this kind of stuff NEVER happens to me!! She might be slightly evil and Gabe's arch enemy...but she's a member of the family nonetheless, and I think we are all happy to have her back (YES even Gabe!)

1 comment:

Rosie said...

sssoooooooooooooo happppyyy she is back :)