I haven't really posted much lately, but that doesn't mean things are slow around here by any means! We've been busy as usual, and there are lots of recent events I should be writing about...going to see the Lippazaner Stallions (a horse thing), Gabey-isms, holiday prep and of course, celebrating Thanksgiving. As is customary, we celebrated with Gabe's extended family last Saturday, at a rented banquet room at The Inn at Pocono Manor; and we celebrated with my family today at my parents house.
The two events were the complete opposite of each other...one was big, involved many people, featured catered food and games. The other was small, with a homecooked meal, a lot of laugher around the table, and a nice walk after the meal. In both instances Gabey enjoyed the members of his family...on Gabe's side he had the undivided attention of his Grammy H and aunts, and got to play wildly with his best cousin Maddy. On my side he was thrilled to see Grammy and Grandy, GG and PapPap, and his new BFF "Great Aunt Grammy" (my aunt Nanci.) Both days were memorable in different ways.
Gabey at Thanksgiving #1
Gabe, my Pap, my Dad, and Gabey
I thought I should write a post of things I am thankful for...so here goes...
* I am thankful for my son. He is my absolute light.
* I am thankful for my husband. We have our moments, as most married couples do, but at the end of the day I always know I am loved.
* I am thankful for my family. I know so few people who truely enjoy and love their family, and I am proud of what I come from.
* I am thankful for my extended family, and how many of them I am close to. My cousins and aunts and grandparents...many of them are an integral part of my life and I can't quite explain it other than to say they are part of me.
* I am thankful that I live a comfortable life. I have a home, food, security, and the ability to provide for my son. I know such comfortablity is fleeting these days, and I am not unaware of the struggles around me.
* I am thankful for friends. Oh, so thankful for friends. When I sit and try to think of all the honest-to-god true friends that I have...its so many I can't even count. I'm not saying this to be arrogant but just the sheer amazement of knowing there are so many people in my corner, mentally if not physically--this is something to be thankful for. I have high school friends, college friends, my Pottstown girls, old French Creek friends, friends who I have known since childhood, friends who are really my parents' friends. And I have friends that are here, where I live, and I am so thankful for their presence in my life. I can't forget my "mommy board" friends either...they are such a daily part of my life its hard to remember when I didn't have them!
* I am thankful for the ability to appreciate the small things...a glass of wine, good weather, a campfire (side note...I sooo miss summer!!). A good book, a quiet hour to myself, an hour of coffee with friends.
* I am thankful for my health. I have my issues, but no one here is dying, injured, or in pain. I'm a little unnerved at how achy and creaky I feel in the morning, and how I now feel the need to buy anti-wrinkle cream...but I am thankful that for the most part I have nothing to complain about in this department.
So lets see...friends, family, health, security, and the small things...did I miss anything?? In general I am just thankful that my life is mine. I complain a lot (Gabe is going to be the first one to agree with that) but I know I really have very little to complain about. Mainly because, above all else, this little guy makes my everyday challenging, joyful, and ten thousand times more meaningful than I could ever imagine.



No comments:
Post a Comment