Thursday, April 1, 2010

Photojournalistic Spring

I keep wanting to write a post about spring...about the things we've been doing. About kiddo-Easter activities such as egg coloring, egg hunts, jellybean begging (its a sport in this house). About the flowers that have bloomed, the things we've started doing outside, the spring "firsts" (first trip to the park, first day with shorts on, first signs of pink buds on the cherry tree.) So I keep taking pictures, and I keep thinking each night I'll blog about it, and then I think of the next day's activities, think that Oooh, I'll probably take more pictures! and decide to wait. And then I upload pictures and don't feel like writing. And then we get a freak, NOT FORCASTED, 6 inch snowstorm!!!! And now 2 days later its in the 70s!! Tomorrow starts the Easter weekend, and while its not a holiday we go nuts over, I am looking forward to all the things it will bring: a photoshoot, Easter madness for G3, phenomenal weather, old friends, new friends, and family.
But until then, a little look at what we've been up to...
Jammies, rainboots, and brand new chalk
G3, Ben, Theresa and Mads at the ill-fated Easter playdate. Someone was crying at all times (usually G3!!) But look how cute they are:)

Masterpieces (several of which were left outside and eaten by the dog...)
Planting his little watermelon and sunflower seeds. Checks them everyday and reports that "Its GROWING Mommy!" (Even though visible signs of life have yet to appear!!)

Newly installed coat rack in the laundry room. Just the right height for shorties.
G3's indoor garden. Wonder how many days it will last before I hear the telltale "OH NO!" and find him with an empty cup and dirt on the floor?? :)
New sneakers? Check. Lawnmower? Check. Leprechaun hat? CHECK.
Daffodils desperately trying to revive themselves after the freak snowstorm last Tuesday.
Of COURSE we had to have one last dumping of snow before the amazing, summer-like temps of this weekend...
Nice to be outside without 50 layers on!

No comments: