Grammy's House
As usual, we spend a little more time at Grammy and Grandad's place in the warmer months. Aside from being busier in general and needing babysitter services, there is the pond to hang out at, animals to play with, yardwork to be done and a great porch to sit on. Most recently, we were there for a wedding and a whirlwind visit of CeeCee and Shawn, and then this past week G3 and I were there for a few days--I spent a day in Hershey with my cousin Erin and some friends while my mom and G3 hung out.
For some reason I really like this picture. I think it's because Shelby's laying in the midst of G3's mess...
Shelby's Wedding
No, not the dog Shelby, but her namesake, Shelby, who was my sister's best friend growing up. She was married this past weekend, and it was such a nice opportunity for Kellie to come home and visit, and to see a few old friends, and of course a wedding. The ceremony was beautiful, and the reception was basically a barrel of laughs. We were seated at a table with Kellie's "other" childhood best friend--Talia--and her husband. I have probably not seen Talia in 15 years, and it was like picking up where you left off. In typical Flock Family fashion we laughed, told stories, remininsced, danced, cried (Mom!) and of course had too much too drink. It will be noted that one family member continued to slurp wine after returning home from the wedding, much to the amusement of the others. I won't mention any names, but let's just say it will be awhile before I live that one down! All in all, a beautiful day and very meaningful I think for all of us to be a part of Shelby's wedding day. She was a like another sister/daughter for many years...in fact I heard her say to my dad "I felt like you should have been walking me down the aisle too..."
Me, Talia, Shelby and Kel
Flocks
CeeCee's Visit
It was a quick one--Kel and Shawn were home from very late Thursday evening (really Friday morning) until early Sunday morning. I think its safe to say we were all happy to see Kel and as usual her visit included cramming an event (the wedding), a night at the pond, some shopping and a 3 hour hair appointment (don't ask.) G3 was over the moon at the return of his beloved Aunt and especially "Uncle Shawwwwwwn"...
CeeCee and Gabey, together again...
Beach Bound
Next week, Mom, Sue, Gabey and I will make our annual trek to the Outer Banks to visit Kellie and Shawn. We are staying a bit longer this year, have a free house to stay in courtesy of some very generous people, and lots of plans of relaxation, touristy things, wine, beach, shopping, Cold Stone Creamery...OMG CAN'T WAIT! I also have this vision of getting started on making some photobooks or digital scrapbooks since I have gotten out of the habit of ordering prints, but feel I need something more than just pictures on my Facebook...Here's hoping for good weather, safe travels, and NO traffic jams!!
One final picture, its pretty uncommon to find a lot of pictures of just me and G3, mostly because I'm usually the one taking the pics. But the pond offers some pretty fantastic light just before the sun sets, and Kellie snapped a few for me...





No comments:
Post a Comment