A week when, no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to be enough for anyone, whether that person is 3, 33, or 63.
A week when things that should be ridiculously simple become difficult battlegrounds.
The kind of week where someone offers you something, but then rescinds their offer unless you do something else that they want. Sort of like a personal version of bait n switch.
The kind of week where you find out someone you used to work with doesn't like you, at all. And you shouldn't really care because you haven't seen said person in years, probably won't EVER see said person, and if truth be told you didn't really like said person much yourself. But it still makes you feel like crap.
A week of worrying about things I can't control.
A week of worrying about things I should be able to control, but can't.
Feeling disapointed when my opinions, needs, wants and desires are not really valued.
Feeling irritated when asked to do the impossible. Take a close up photograph that includes 3 miles of landscape behind it? Sure no problem. Remove chainsaw grease from pants? Let me get the magic wand.
And for a bonus on top of all these serious and not so serious irritations and complaints, it looks like our annual Fall Frolic party is going to be rained out AGAIN. This is the point where I put in a bunch of expletives. Seriously. I know I can't control weather, and I don't care. I am so sick of spending parts of almost every day working on our property and yet never getting to share it on the ONE day of the year that we have a big party.
And because this is a selfish whiny rant, I'm going to include a few things that I would really like right now. Sort of like a wishlist, of the selfish, whiny rant variety.
I would like a new mattress. I don't want to shop for it, I don't want to finangle for it, and I don't want to have endless conversations with my husband about how we don't need one (we do) or how much its going to cost. I just want better sleep.
I would like the sun to be out on October 2nd. Doesn't even have to be warm. In fact, if its cold we can use the new fire pit that Gabe spent hours building, with Fall Frolic as its first use in mind.
I would like be able to pursue my career without roadblocks.
I would like to know the end result of things so I can stop worrying and laying awake at night pondering the what-ifs of life. This combined with a new mattress should be able to cure my sleeping problems.
I would really like some recognition for everything that I do on a daily basis. Yes, it 10am and Im blogging in my pajamas, and yes, this is one of the main perks of being a stay at home mom. But before the day is over I will also have washed, dried, folded and put away 3 loads of laundry, vaccumed and mopped the floors, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, paid some bills and balanced the checkbook, run to the bank, cut down a few dead perrenials, do a basic clean-up so we aren't tripping over monster trucks and washing our hands over dirty dishes, start a grocery list, make a trip to Nathan's to price out mattresses, take a child to the potty no less than 4 times, feed, clothe, and bathe said child, work on editing photographs from a photo shoot yesterday, begin preparing for a photo shoot on Sunday, and wash and change all sheets on all beds.
And this is just what's on my list.

No comments:
Post a Comment