And with the start of "fall" and September also comes your 38th month. It was a pretty quiet month for you, all things considered! Other than a trip to the beach with Grammy, Grandad, and CeeCee, we chilled out at home a bit more. Playdates were attended, pools were swum in, dirt was dug and we're still working on grasping the last of the summer-like weather before fall comes...
Taking time to smell the roses, errr, dig in the dirt.
Other changes this month are small but all add up to you becoming more grown up. You're getting better at getting undressed and dressed by yourself. You always put your shoes and hat in the shoe basket when we get home. You don't like Mickey in the living room when you're playing sometimes, and you've learned how to coax him out and shut the doors. Sometimes when you are upstairs playing in your room, and I want to go downstairs, you tell me you want to stay there and I let you (we have a monitor, so I can hear you, but it feels weird to say "Oh G3's upstairs playing in his room.") You can carry your plate or cup to the counter and sometimes do so without being prompted. You love to "help" us do certain things, especially Daddy outside. He recently built a ramp (bridge?? its hard to say...) for outside the fence, and you were right in the mix, measuring and helping. Pretty damn cute. Most people in your life have noticed your penchant for mechanical, meticulous, hands-on stuff. I'm not sure I forsee you being an artist, or an athlete (um...we won't talk about your inability to put your hands up, let alone catch a ball. And experiences at the pool with the tetherball were less than successful). But I do see you being an engineer. Or a neurosurgeon. And when that happens I'll be like, "Yes, even at age 3 he was cutting his playdough with such precision!"
Taking it all very seriously!
And so that's the month in a nutshell. We did some other cool stuff like attending a family reunion of Kramers (my mom's side), traveling to Harrisburg to go the Science Center (lots of fun) and hanging out with friends. Soaking up the last of the days of sunlight past dinnertime, fresh produce, mornings outside in the sweltering sun, shorts and barefeet, leaves on the trees, swimming, road trips, and so much more. I could cry just thinking about it all ending. But I AM excited for fall with you...raking leaves (you are SO getting put to work this year), Halloween, pumpkins, festivals, Fall Frolic...all that good stuff. Until next time...one last photo that screams "summer summer summer"....





No comments:
Post a Comment