Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Day At the Park


So today was G3's first of probably many trips to the park. Despite my frequent complaining that "there's nothing to do around here" there does happen to be 2 very nice parks, one of which is about 3 miles from my house. Waiting for a warm day and a playmate (G3's buddy Jorja) was worth it--65 degrees, sunny, very little wind. It was the perfect day for the park. Clearly, the swings were a big hit!


I have to say that G3 is a lot of fun right now. He is so busy taking in new experiences and learning new things nearly every day, and its fascinating to watch. He is absolutely obsessed with the cat and the dog--laughing and chasing them all over. I'm not sure they are particularly impressed with him although Mickey definitly appreciates the toast and biter biscuit handouts he receives on a daily basis.


One other odd thing to mention...and if I wouldn't have forgotten my cell phone there'd be a picture of this too. While driving through downtown Hazleton today I saw what appeared to be a daycare or preschool class out for a walk. There were about 30 kids and 5 or 6 teachers. The kids were all lined up holding on to a rope. I've seen this before. BUT, while stopped at a traffic light, I got a closer look and saw that they were all hooked to harnesses...connected to the rope. WTF? I mean, I understand you have to keep them safe and all but this just seemed a little crazy. Like they were little huskies ready to mush or something. What if one of them fell down, or worse, took off? I realize you don't want any kids getting hit by cars but really, this just looked like disaster waiting to happen!!

No comments: