Dear Gabe
You will be 20 months old this weekend! The last month has been a busy one for us and of course, has flown by. A few highlights of your journey from 19 to 20 months...
* This month was very special for you because Aunt Kellie was living with us while doing a rotation for her PA schooling. You refer to her as "Cee Cee" and you absolutely adore her. It is definitley my fear that as she moves to the Outer Banks and starts her life there, the two of you will not be as close. Cee Cee wrestles with you, gets you wound up, makes you laugh hysterically for no reason, and does crazy things like crawling around with a basket on her head to entertain you. (Sidenote: Cee Cee is abnormal. I think everyone who knows her is aware of this:) But she is definitely your best friend right now. You talk about her all day long and constantly run to the basement door and look under the crack, calling "Cee Cee?" Anytime a car pulls in the driveway you inform me, "Daddy!" and then I say, "No...its not Daddy..." and you yell "Cee Cee!" and race around like a crazy person. Yesterday, the Heller's Gas man came to fill up our tank and you yelled "Cee Cee!" with much excitement. When I told you that it was not, in fact, your beloved Cee Cee, you burst into tears and could not be consoled. Needless to say, we are all going to miss having Nanny Cee Cee in the house!
* You have become an expert at kissing on the lips, complete with the appropriate "MWAH!" sound. Except for Daddy, who you still tend to do your headbutt with when asked for a kiss. Daddy says this is okay because "Boys don't kiss on the lips". Well, some boys do...but that's another lesson for another time.
* You are picking up many new words, as many as a few each day. My personal favorite is "snack", which you say in a snarky tone with a devilish grin..."Snnaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!" So cute. You have also picked up a few more animal names, such as Lion, Sheep, and Cow. Yesterday we were at the park due to a Pennsylvania heat wave (43 degrees, baby!) and a woman walked by with a large, furry, white dog. I pointed it out excitedly to you, and said "Look Gabe! What is that?" and you responded without a beat, "Sheeeeeep!!!" Way to assimilate, buddy:)
* We decided to dub the bottom stair the "time out stair", and you now regularly plant your little butt down there. At first, you found that when Mommy said "Okay Gabe, time out!" for an offense such as throwing toys in anger or unplugging the laptop, that it was great fun to run to the stair and sit down. I was a little perplexed but since it generally ended the tantrum I figured I'd just roll with it. It didn't take long to figure out that Time Out is NOT a desirable place to be! Your general offenses are reaching up to touch the stove, throwing a toy or book in anger, and not listening when we tell you "NO" (usually for grabbing at the computers.) You sit for about a minute and a half, and usually calm down. I always ask you to say you're sorry and give Mama a hug when its over, and you oblige, although I am sure you have no idea what you are saying. Your "soowwwwy!" is too cute and its very hard to keep my stern face on!
* You have become a climber! We recently had a playdate at the Climb-a-Lot Clubhouse, which is basically a big, soft jungle gym for kids. You figured out how to climb up some big mats and go down a tube slide all by yourself...and you did it again, and again, and again. (And again.) You had so much fun there. Since then you like to climb up onto our footstool, couches, and chairs. At the park yesterday, you climbed up the slide!!!! It made me quite nervous when you reached the top, trying to swing your little legs around and pushing my hand away, telling me "NO!" You wanted to do it yourself.
* You like to count to 2. You will play with toys such as your beloved train tracks, laying them out on the floor and saying to yourself "Onnneeee.....twooooooo.....oneeeeeeee.....twoooo" and occassionally throwing in a "threeeeeeeeee". Too cute.
* You are quite endearing and engaging and very expressive. You are constantly talking and telling us stories, though we generally have no idea what you are saying. You are quite serious about it! You will throw in a few "real" words, such as Elmo or cracker. You also like to ask, quite often, "Where go?" When someone leaves, or a commercial comes on TV, or your fish swims to the other side of his bowl. This is your first "real" sentence.
* You are still my little baby, and while I am very proud of all of your accomplishments, I really wish I could just stop time for a bit. Well, maybe I'd wait until summer, or the very least, spring, before I'd do that!!
2 comments:
Gorgeous pictures...what kind of camera to you have? I need a better one.
Kate I actually have a sony h-10 point and shoot...and I hate it. I am usually disapointed in my pictures...a lot are out of focus. I never had this issue before this camera. For the pix in the post I used a tripod and took advantage of natural light. Its a LOT harder when they are bigger and moving around more. I have my eye on the Nikon D-60 or D-40. Digital slr, a few levels up from what I have but I think it will be worth it...
Post a Comment