Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My New Bathroom!!

After spending the last 2.5 years showering, shaving, and doing other unmentionable things under the soft hue of a lavender bathroom, I finally got around to repainting it. I always knew the room had a lot of potential, and it was the one room in the house where the permanent fixtures are NEUTRAL...leaving the options endless. (Other rooms, not so much. Blue countertops, anyone? Sun-n-moon motif, including the sink?)

Anyhow, my mom (super-painter) came to help me, since I am hopelessly inept at doing edges, and she is perfect at it. We tested out a new type of paint by Benjamin Moore called "Aura", and though I balked at the $55 price tag, it was worth it. (If you're interested, google it, but lets just say that no priming was needed, and about 3/4 of a gallon covered a good sized bathroom, twice. Total painting time was about 5 hours. And it dried super fast.) And now...
Before shot...lest we forget the gorgeous lavender hue...
...or the lovely purple square motif...
After shot!

So much better!
This is the happiest I have ever been with a finished product from painting a room. Thanks to my mom for helping me!!

No comments: