Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blizzard of '10



Seeing as it snowing yet again, I thought I should take a moment to document last Wednesday's snowstorm, dubbed the Blizzard of '10 (though for many parts of the mid-Atlantic region, it was the Blizzard of '10 #2). I have to say its been pretty weird to see our friends in Harrisburg, Philly, and DC get pummeled with massive (we're talking feet) amounts of snow while we got a measly inch or two. But last week we finally got our due and received at total of 16" over the course of a day. This snowday was somewhat fun for me because of (a) My New Year's Resolution to embrace and appreciate winter was being tested (b) Everyone else was snowed in and so that amounted to lots of fun on Facebook and (c) Debilatating snow is always more fun than, say, the shit we're getting now which is only just enough to screw up my day, not enough to make it fun!!
We definitely had a few issues of running out of places to plow the snow, and here's hoping that some meltage occurs before we get another dumping. Below are a few pictures...
The morning after...
The morning after...this was after 2 plowings the day before!!
A few hours into the storm, just after the first plow...
I'm sure anyone who lives south of me is laughing at these pictures, after all they're probably digging through tunnels still just to get to work. I will admit that I enjoyed the snow day and that its aftermath provided an awesome canvas for that Friday's photo shoot. Gabe was home from work early (after plowing out multiple people), I cooked soup, didn't feel bad about lounging around, got some exercise shoveling and had fun with my little man. But as of today, I'm over it.
Spring can't come soon enough!

This morning...you can barely see Gabe's tire tracks even though he left just a short time before!!!

No comments: