Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy 32 Months G3!

Lots of big milestones for you this month Gabey, but nothing trumps this one: YOU ARE POTTY-TRAINED!! Barring any sort of regression, I think its safe to say you are totally potty-trained!! Its sort of unbelievable and amazing but...no diapers for you, and no pull-ups either! You stay dry overnight and during "naps" (aka "quiet" time in your crib) and the last accident you had was during the blizzard when we didn't really pay attention to your needs since we were, you know, shoveling 3 feet of snow. I am very proud of this accomplishment!! I'm not going to say its any easier than diapers...in fact, its more work as you need help to get up on the potty, aim your little weener, and other various potty tasks. But you're doing great and the cutest part is how you demand we leave the room when you need to poop! No problem, buddy:)
Other important notes for the month...
* Your second sleep-over at Grammy Sharon's went GREAT!! You slept in the little toddler bed for 13 hours and even went to church with her! Grammy reported you lasted 35 minutes before she had to leave, which I found pretty impressive for you. I have not converted your crib to a bed just yet though...partly because I don't want a child in my room at 6am if I can help it...and partly because its the last "baby" thing left. Just today I cleaned up and put away your high-chair...no more diapers, no more binky, you are ALL BOY!! Sniffle sob.

* We had another sleep-over success that bears mentioning...this past weekend we FINALLY took a much anticipated road trip to visit my cousin/BFF Erin and her "new" baby Max (he's already 6 months old!!) You did great on the 4 hour car trip (with just one potty break each way!), were pretty well-behaved at Erin's, and although you were a bit rambunctious around Max, you were pretty sweet to him. And the best: you slept in the pack-and-play with no issues, and I was even able to sleep in the same room as you. So different from our visit last year when you woke up and refused to go back to sleep!!!


Gabey and Max
* I think it was last month that I mentioned noticing how "good" and "well-behaved" you are...hahahah. Its like the parenting gods read my blog and said "Whoa! That doesn't sound right!" You haven't been "bad" per say, but definitely naughty! I think you are just more investigative than you have been in the past. The list of "naughty" things I have caught you doing (off the top of my head!): emptying a full bottle of conditioner on the floor of the shower, taking the vaccuum hose and using it to play baseball with a sippy cup, smearing an entire cup of pudding on your head, pushing all the buttons on the washer--thus locking it up, chewing on a plant which led to our first call to poison control!!, putting stickers all over the coffee table, chasing the cat with the vaccuum hose (it is multi-faceted, clearly)...I could keep going, but you get the idea. You are busy busy busy!!
This isn't exactly naughty behavior...but when you're not yelling at poor Mickey to "GO LAY DOWN!" you like to do things like "examine" him with your doctor kit, drape towels over his head, line trucks up on his back, or carry his bag of treats while he follows you all over the house...


* We have had 3 or 4 WONDERFUL days of 50 degree temps and sunshine, and although tomorrow is reported to be the last one for awhile, at least it was not snow! It has been GREAT to get outside, unearth your toys, see the grass, and remind ourselves that there is more to life than facebook and monster trucks! I am sooo looking forward to being outside every day in the coming months.
I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of things about this month, and I probably am! So we'll end on a cute note...because no matter how "naughty" you are, you are still so damn cute its hard to take some days:)



No comments: