Okay, I realize the fact that I've had two nights out following a weekend of partying makes it seem like I have this really full social calendar, but trust me, I don't!! This is like a lunar eclipse or something. I must say, however, it's really nice to get out and have some adult time. Don't get me wrong, I adore being at home with G3, but sometimes a whole week goes by and the only other adult I talk to is Gabe. So I tend to get very excited at the prospect of something like going out to dinner.
First night out was Monday--my cousin Erin made the trek to PA for her spring break and her first stop was our house. G3 was utterly delighted with her presence...not sure if it was her springy curls or her teacher-voice that made him crazy for her. In either case, his cuteness was not enough to keep us home, and the Gabe's were left to fend for themselves while Erin and I headed up to The Lookout House for dinner and a VERY tasty bottle of wine.
Second night out was Wednesday--but involved a bit more finangling on my part. First I drove to Selinsgrove in my jeep that I'm now referring to as a time-bomb (long story.) G3 was dropped off at Grammy's and Aunt Kellie and I did a bit of shopping, since she's one of those people who feels the need to buy a new outfit for every time she goes out. If it were me, this would not be a problem, since--as stated before--I do not go out a lot!! But Kellie goes out quite frequently, despite being a serious PA student. In any event, clothes were purchased and the Flock sisters headed to Williamsport to meet up with Erin and her mom, aka Aunt Nanci. We had another nice dinner out and ended up the night hanging out, pounding beer (some of us) and just talking.
So, nothing wild and exciting. But it definitly feels good now and then (or twice in one week if that's the way the cookie crumbles) to get out. Sadly, it should be noted that both nights I passed out on the couch long before the end of the evening. I suppose this is a side effect of motherhood I inherited from my own mom--the inability to be on a couch after dark without falling asleep immediately.
Other news--my jeep sucks. The car I once loved now feels like a lemon. Soon to be replaced by something like a Subaru Outback (can you say "soccer mom"?) On the mom note, little G3 tried very, very, very hard to pull himself up from a sitting position to standing. Another few days and my mediocre babyproofing will most likely need a serious upgrade!
No comments:
Post a Comment