Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Day In The Life of G3

In honor of my 10 month birthday, my mommy decided to write about a day in the life of me, G3. But she was so busy taking pictures that I decided it would be best to narrate this myself!
7:30am - As usual, I start my day off with a smile...but what's up with the flash, Mommy? After my bottle, its playtime and I'm raring to go! My favorite toy is my music table...Mommy says it keeps me occupied while she's checking her email and drinking her coffee.

Pretty soon though, I want Mommy's attention! This is the look I give her so she'll pick me up!As usual, she ignores me, so I move on to something else. Hmmm, tractor book? I'll give it a whirl...

Eventually, my toys get boring and I move to my favorite spot to play, under the computer. Looks safe, huh? After Mommy says "NO" about 10 times, I move on to my next conquest...the cat! Mommy says I'll be sorry!



Great, its this time of day again! Ugh. Mommy always makes me lay still to change my diaper and I hate it! This morning I gave her a stern look...but I don't think she cares!

8:45am -All right, time for breakfast!! I hate it when Mommy makes me wait too long, though. I'm hungry! Soon enough I get some cereal, some milk, some cantelope and the piece de resistance...waffles! Mmmm! Afterwards, I brush my teeth of course! All two of them.


9:30am - I play for a little bit, and then its naptime. Recently I decided to cut Mommy a break and take naps on my own. She turns on my light-up turtle, my Curious George CD, gives me a blanket, George, and of course--my binky. Sometimes she gives me an extra binky in case I lose one. She had to come in once to remind me that it was naptime, but pretty soon I was fast asleep!
12 noon - Naptime's over! Mommy comes to get me and its time to get dressed. Thanks to Aunt Kellie I have a very colorful wardrobe and Mommy takes me into my closet and lets me pick. Today I wore yellow. As you can see, I can't be bothered to sit still for this as there are dangerous changing-table acrobatics to be mastered! (Sidenote: no babies were harmed in the making of this blog post!!)

Next its time for lunch! First up is some yogurt, my favorite. Next we have a new food--Pasta Pick-ups, Mommy says. She seems pretty surprised that I like them. Mommy gives me a fork to practice with, but I find my hands are much more useful!

1pm - Ok Mom, I'm ready to rock and roll! What's that? You have to switch the laundry first? Okay, I'll help. Once that's done, Mommy buckles me in and I show her my "scary monster face" in appreciation! And we're off!

First we go to the library--Mommy is disapointed to find out that I have to be 2 years old before I can attend storytime class. She lets me play on this bench in the parking lot for a few minutes, and then it's off to the grocery store for catfood and formula. As usual the ladies loved me. Finally we make it to the park. The swings are a big bore today, so Mommy lets me play in the house for big kids. She says I'm standing better now. Next we move to the green alligator and finally, the turtle. I was having a great time until Mommy yelled at me for eating sand. She hurt my feelings and I cried. Mommy says its time to go.



3pm - Back home, Mommy made me a bottle while I played with my letters. Look, I spelled my name...well, almost.

3:30pm -Then Mommy says she needs a nap..which means I need a nap. But I'm not tired so she lets me play in the living room! I like to play around the fireplace, it's nice and cushioned on the edges so I don't get hurt if I fall. This basket full of books is great. The Gluten-Free Bible is always a good read but I finally find the book I'm looking for--"Just Me and My Dad". Then...drumroll please...I stood alone for the first time EVER!! Mommy was so excited she gave me a big hug and a kiss. After that she said I was definitely tired and took me up to my crib.

But I just don't want to sleep! Mommy lets me go for 45 minutes before she eventually comes to rescue me--and this is how she finds me...well, what did you expect Mommy?


4:30pm - She decides to let me watch a video, which she hardly ever does. She sets me up in my stroller with the laptop...now we're talking!


But soon enough, I'm bored with this! I find two fun things to do but Mommy says "NO" to both of them. I just want to cry...in fact, I do! (Note to self...maybe I should have taken that nap!)


5:30pm - And then...DADDY COMES HOME! This is the biggest moment of the day! No matter how tired or cranky I am, I always have a smile and hugs for Daddy. I tell him all about my day and then we head outside to plant some grass. (Mommy "needs to get some things done" she says.) I help Daddy by holding the bag of seeds. This is man stuff!


While Daddy and I are busy outside, Mommy makes my dinner so I won't have to wait in the highchair. She's so nice. Tonight I had carrots and rice, a slice of cheese, toast, and some mango/kiwi mix. As you can see, I like to shove large pieces of food in my mouth--don't worry, Mommy doesn't let me choke. Of course, I shared with Mickey...he's hungry too! When I was done I let Mom know by banging on my tray and yelling loudly!

6:30pm - 'Cause now its BATHTIME and I can't wait! Come on, Mom is the water ready yet? As soon as I get in I do all sorts of things that scare Mommy, like headstands and pulling myself up on edge. She's always trying to make me sit down....come on Mom, I'm not a baby anymore!






After my bath, all Mommy wanted to do was get a picture of me wrapped up in my towel, but I had other ideas...and I wasn't shy about telling her! We compromised and she put on my robe and let me play, and I gave her a picture-perfect smile...

Then I decided to run (well, crawl) away from Mommy! Turns out the joke was on me because apparently I've outgrown my robe since the last time I wore it (about 6 months ago.) Oh well, I found Daddy's shoes and got to play for a few minutes in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom.

Then its time for my least favorite part of the day...getting ready for bed. Mommy makes me lie down and I hate it! I'd much rather sit up and get dressed but Mommy says it takes too long. She put me on the floor and I quickly scurried over to investigate my toys. But no time play, have to brush my teeth, again. Good thing I like doing it!

7pm - After my bath I get to play some more while Mommy cooks dinner (yes you read that right, Mommy cooks sometimes!) Some nights I have a snack in my chair while Mommy and Daddy eat, but not tonight! Mommy says I'm going to bed early. But first I lhave to help out with the dishes.

7:30pm - And now its time for bed. I let my parents know by whining, rubbing my eyes, and arching myself backwards when they try to give me hugs! Daddy says goodnight and Mommy gets ready to give me my bedtime bottle. I'll get a headstart on that!

Sometimes Daddy puts me to bed, but tonight its Mommy. We snuggle in the rocking chair and I can barely finish my bottle, I'm so tired! Mommy kisses me goodnight and plops me into my crib. Sometimes I talk and play before I fall asleep, but tonight I was so tired I rolled right over and I was out! Good night!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

A day in the life of G3 sounds good to me. The little man has got it made! I have to say my favorite is the scary monster face...haha...love it :-)

midnightpeddler said...

I want to live like that too. Kid has got the life!
More importantly, how are Gabe's tomato plants doing?
I'll have to post a pic of Nancy's.....

Teri said...

Aw, I loved the robe pictures, and his little butt running away from you.

Made me think of the SNL skit w/ Chris Farley-"fat man in a little coat".

Unknown said...

G3 your day sounds so much fun. I hope we get to have a day together sometime!
Owen

Natalie said...

G3, I can't believe that you found the time to write your own blog! By the way you have incredible typing skills! Tell your mom and dad we miss them and we can't wait to see you all this summer.

Shannan said...

What a perfect day and a great post! Thanks for sharing! :) Loved all the pictures - such a sweetie!