Grammy Sharon purchased a toddler bed and much ado was made about the big sleepover to G3. We packed his bags (I believe Gabe packed no less than 17 books, 2 movies and 34 monster trucks) along with his beloved Duckie, his blanket, his pillow, his sound machine...all the comforts of home. We arrived at Grammy Sharon's and helped to set us his room...he was delighted with his little bed, which came complete with a new Thomas the Train book! We kissed him good-bye, wished Grammy luck and headed out.
This morning, I left bright and early to go shopping with some girlfriends, and Gabe was the parent responsible for picking up G3 (in his words "the only one doing any parenting today!") I got a text from him around 10am that all had gone well except "the kid didn't eat, sleep, or shit". Um...okay...
Of course, I haven't heard Grammy's version, and Gabey's version goes like this..."I took a shower...and I eat 'cakes with syrup and cinnamon! And watch TEEEVEEE!" But, before leaving last night I left my little point and shoot with Grammy in order for her to capture a few moments of Gabey's first sleepover. Although it didn't exactly go as planned (and both Grammy and Gabey were very tired today!) the pictures tell a cute little story...and hopefully the next time will not find Grammy and G3 up at midnight! And, I'm definitely not transforming G3's crib into a toddler bed until I absolutely have to!!
Initial impressions seemed positive!
Little did they know they would be up for hours!
Bedtime! Hmm this bed looks better...
Gotta brush my teeth first!
Who wants to go to bed when I can play with all these toys? Parrrttyy!!
Rockin' out at midnight:)
We'll call this one "The Morning After"
Thanks for having me Grammy Sharon!








No comments:
Post a Comment