Monday, August 11, 2008

Blogging for Profit??

On my never-ending quest for ways to make and save a little bit of money, I've come across a blog called moneysavingmom and she, like several other "professional" bloggers, makes a gigantic income from blogging. Apparently this works by having ads on your blog, and then making your blog so interesting, fantastic and witty that millions of people click on it each day. I think you earn a piddling of 1 cent per click or something like that, but apparently moneysavingmom and others with a talent for writing are able to do this, so why can't I??

I decided to start another blog. I know, you're thinking, how does she find the time? How many blogs can one person have? What the hell? But this blog is private, and its primarily for our family and friends to keep up with our lives. I don't know that my ramblings of my 13-month olds latest achievements and our night out to the casino are the kinds of things a 6-figure income from blogging is made of. But, I had an idea.

Awhile back, I proposed to my friends on my mommy board that I was going to set a small, weekly goal for myself each week. I am always looking to make my life healthier, greener, and of course, richer. But I find, like most people, that making a huge change is often a recipe for failure. So I thought, little by little is the way to go. My mommy board girls were excited and they began to set their goals too. In the back of my mind I had the notion of hmmm, I should write about this each week and eventually turn it into a book. It could be a totally stupid idea, but maybe not. Since the prospect of writing a book while being a stay-at-home-mom is as likely as building a rocket ship in my backyard, I decided if nothing else, I should blog about it. As my friend Ray said, its not going to cost me anything and it could possibly make me some money.

In order to generate a little traffic over there at the new site, I thought I would post on here about it. I actually have NO clue who of the 50 or so people I have shared this blog with actually read it regularly. But if you do, check out the other one, and if you think its a good read, keep checking it and share it with your friends or anyone you think might find it interesting...

http://thinner-greener-richer.blogspot.com/ (I am pretty sure the name is rather annoying but you'd be surprised how few names are still available out there! I'm hoping the length of the name will make it memorable...)

1 comment:

Shorty said...

Love the new blog, Lindsay! You may even motivate some of us to try these tips too.