Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Love Affair Is Over...

Last night, Gabe and I had the infrequent pleasure of his mom coming over to babysit, and so we headed back to the casino. Well, we headed to Pearl Sushi Bar, which just happens to be located in the casino. Although I was enjoying my California roll just fine, my eye was of course lingering over to the glitz and glamour of the slot machines. I had my plan in my head--I was going to win enough tonight to go out tomorrow and buy myself a Nikon D80!

Sadly, it was not be had:



It was a good night anyhow, despite the bitter taste of greenbacks lost. Gabe has stressed the importance of mentioning the following two facts:


1. While having some mundane, over-dinner banter, I mentioned I'd like to get my hair cut shorter. How short? Gabe asked. You know, like Kellie's, I answered. Jokingly, Gabe replied with, why don't you get a buzz cut? And here I paused to put my foot in my mouth and said snarkily, I don't want to look like Sinead O'Connor! Literally, at that moment, a woman with a shaved head just happened to be walking by RIGHT next to our table. What are the chances, I know?

2. Gabe ate salmon eggs.

That's all for now. Probably going to take a little break from the casino for a bit...

No comments: