Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy 27 Months G3!


It's hard to say what has happened this past month Gabey, because once again it's flown by at warp speed so fast I barely had time to stop and smell the roses, as it were. When considering this post, I couldn't really discern a lot of specifics (other than starting school) and the pictures from the past month are pitifully scarce...why, you ask, when I have an AWESOME brand new digital SLR?? Because, as usual, my luck with electronics sucks and I picked up a shitty one and its broken. 2 months into owning a camera, in the middle of the spectacle of fall and a lot of interest in my photography business, its broken. But, that's another story for another day...

School is going well for you Gabey, and I am so happy that you like it, that you like your friends, and that you have no qualms about me leaving you for an hour. Many days you ask first thing in the morning if you are going to "Schoooool?? I go?" and if we talk about school you say "DEBI!" (Miss Debi is your teacher) in a cute little voice as though you have a crush on her. I am very proud that you are self-confident enough that you walk right in and with barely a glance over your shoulder and a casual "BYE Mommy!" you immerse yourself into Miss Debi's world. I mean, a hug or a kiss or some slight fear in your eyes at the prospect of being left would make me feel needed and wanted, you know, but mostly I'm glad you trust me (and yourself) enough to know that I wouldn't leave you if it wasn't all A-OK.

It should also be noted that your 2nd week of the dreadful library class was a bit better. I was pleased to see that resorting to begging you in the car to "Please...please be good!" worked, and you were relatively well-behaved. You didn't want to sit, but you didn't cause any disturbances or destroy any property this time, so I'd call it a success. And I was quite pleased to see MULTIPLE other children behaving badly, children who's moms cast haughty glances your way at the first class as if to say, Please. My child would NEVER do that. If I was a certain type of person I would have returned the glances, but I'm not. I'm the type who smiles empathetically, and then blogs about it later.

We also hit the Bloomsburg Fair not once, but twice this year! It was so much fun to see you take in the sights this year...last year you were only 1 and it was more overwhelming and less exciting for you. This year you excitedly named each animal you saw, rode a few kiddie rides, had a pony ride on which you did GREAT, ate your first funnel cake, spotted a Thomas balloon in a sea of balloons and demanded it, played skeeball, got your first cheap plastic carnival toy (a light saber) and pointed to all the rides lit up at night while exclaiming RAINBOW! Below are a few pictures but not a lot because, as mentioned, my life sucks when it comes to cameras! Crappy point-and-shoot is even crappier now that I've experienced the lovely performance of a working Canon. But I digress.

You have been talking more intelligibly, and string together more sentences lately. You still like to beg for "TEE DEE" pretty much constantly and I blame this on several of your grandparents (you know who you are!!!!!) TV is a double-edged sword...its awesome when I NEED to do something that is not easily accomplished with a 2 year old, like a shower or bill paying. But your obsession with it kind of takes away from your interaction, it causes you to behave badly (for example, telling you to come for dinner when the TV is on results in tantrum. Telling you to come for dinner when its off and you are actually engaging your mind results in a happy child running in and screaming "RONI! PEAS! Chickennnnn NUGGGets!!!" while trying to scale the side of the high chair.

But as I said, you have been talking more, repeating more, learning and remembering more. You pretty much read to us each night, instead of the other way around. I know it's just memorization mostly, but the number of books you "know" grows daily and even if you don't know it, you make up a story based on the pictures. You are also getting much more verbal at explaining how you are feeling without prompting. The cutest example so far was leaving Grammy H's house last week. She had given you a box of animal crackers, and had watched you while I ran to the store. I picked you up and told you to tell Grammy "thank you for watching me". You furrowed your brows and thought a bit, and then said "Thank you Grammy for cookies." SO. FREAKING. CUTE.

And...that's all I got here. I think I need to start taking notes each month, writing down the funny things you do and say, taking more video. But for now, we'll leave it at one last picture, post-sink-bath at Grammy and Grandad's. What a cutie-pie you are!








No comments: