Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Summer Solstice!

Today is the summer solstice, also known as the first day of summer, also known as the longest day and shortest night of the year. Despite many conversations and a joint obsession about this day with my dad's friend John, I consistently forget that its June 21st every single year. I always promise John I will email him and never do. Like clockwork, I received my annual Happy Summer Solstice email from John around dinnertime. My response? "Godammit I forgot again!!" Oh well, the beauty of it is there's always next year.



Let's see. How was my June 21st this year? Well, it started it off well with some spectacular summery weather, a massage, and a visit from Gabe's sister MaryBeth and her husband Bryan. Things started to go a bit blah as several attempts to make plans to do "something" fizzled, including the backup plan of calling the babysitter so we could go out. No worries, a good dinner and a fire were/are still in store...until it clouded over and Gabe's trusty doppler website warned of thunderstorms on the horizon. Then after grilling a delicious looking dinner of burgers and corn on the cob...Gabe received two calls and headed out to work for at least the next 2 hours. Meaning--he didn't get to eat and I ate alone. Boo. I'm thankful that he doesn't really go on too many calls anymore--whether by consequence or choice, but it still made tonight kind of suck! So here I am...sitting outside with the laptop (its not raining yet, dammit!) and hoping Gabe gets home before the storm hits and we can at least have some fire time.



Not too much else is noteworthy, big week coming up for me and G3, several roadtrips, pet-sitting at my parents' house for 3 days, a playdate with one of my mommy-board girls, and a possibly roadtrip to Pottstown. Yesterday we hopped in the Jeep and headed to Williamsport to visit Aunt Kellie for the day...a trip to the pool was in store, and despite it being deserted and full of pretty cold water, G3 wore himself out. Aunt Kellie didn't mind, of course...

1 comment:

Tara said...

This is the CUTEST pic of G3 with Kellie. Wow, they look alike.