Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer is Officially Here

Just thought I'd take a minute to update on a few Horvath Happenings...

Last night Gabe and I went to DMB in Montage. We usually try to go if they hit that venue, as its only about 45 minutes from us. It's been 2 years since either of us have seen Dave so it was well anticipated!! There is nothing like a summer concert--blazing heat, beer in plastic cups, a few impressive and short-lived thunderstorms, and happy drunk people everywhere! Our seats were great as usual (5th row!!) and Dave and boys put on a GREAT show! I will admit we became those people who start walking out while the encore is still playing...I mean, we walked out of where our seats were and watched the encore from pretty far away. Don't laugh. 2 years ago we walked 3 miles DOWN the mountain b/c the crowd waiting to get on the busses to go down was virtually a mob, with cops on horses and cops with dogs and billy clubs trying desperately to control them. Not fun. I am happy to report we were home by midnight (last time I don't think we ever reached our car until 1am!!)

Baby Gabe went for a night at Grammy's. I met my mom halfway to do the exchange (FYI switching a carseat in 97 degree heat in the Perkins parking lot is not fun. Is it time for Grammy to get her own carseat for her car?????:) Anyhow, lunch was fun and it was also my mom's birthday. As always, multiple people fawned over the entertaining little man that is G3, as he wildly ate his grilled cheese and broccoli. It should be noted that one old lady thought he belonged to my mom!! Pretty nice compliment to get on your 56th birthday!! G3 was well missed by his mommy (I still have to go get him!!) but sleeping in til 8:30 was ohhhhh so nice. As will be the pedicure I'm going to get before heading to Selinsgrove. The last pedicure I got was the week before he was born. My feet are scary.

One last note to be made, we recently took a weekend trip with the Riefer clan to a cabin in the Poconos. We have gone on several vacations and trips with the Riefers, both before and after they started having kids, but this was the first since the nearly simultaneous arrival of G3 and Emily last July 8. We really had a great time overall. G3 and Emi were pretty much on the exact same schedule, which allowed for a nice 3 hour relaxation period for Meg and I on Saturday. While they napped, exhausted from their first day at the pool, Meg and I drank Corona Lights, put our feet up, and read trashy magazines, and caught up on life. Keegan, as always, was a great source of amusement, and Uncle Gabe learned that entering a screaming match with a 2.5 year old can only lead to a very splitting headache.

Though the pool was the highlight for all (seeing as its been an average of 97 each day around here!!) we had a lot of other good times. Campfires were held both evenings, even though Bob punked out early!! Good food and drinks were consumed (the Red Bull Twins, aka Bob and Lindsay, emerged). Lots of laughter and trips down memory lane (Gabe's previous girlfriends and the hygenic state of his Selinsgrove apartment added quite a few laughs.) Gabe got up on Saturday morning with the kids as asked, and we even managed to try and squeeze a run in (though when it hits 85 by 9a.m., its probably a good day to skip the running.)






But like I said, the pool was the highlight! So much so that this past Monday, after much begging on Gabe's part, I went down and signed us up for a pool membership. This also entitles us to membership of the Conyngham Valley Civic Organization, and I think we're expected to attend meetings, but whatever.) By 6pm the 3 of us were calf deep in the baby pool (chest deep for G3). I think that swimming has definitly been the highlight of his little life so far!

Summer is officially here!!

1 comment:

Carter's Mommy said...

It all looks like so much fun! I'm glad you're enjoying summer so far.

I love that carseat picture!