Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Festivities

Yeah I know. Two posts in one day, and you're thinking "Doesn't she do anything else?" The previous post will enlighten you to what I was up to today, and this post will I touch on this past weekend.



The three-day-weekend holidays are my favorite for some reason. Something to look forward to, make plans on, and enjoy a day off from "real" life...but without the hoopla of Christmas and Thanksgiving (but I should state for the record I love those holidays too.) But the three-day-weekend ones are usually chock full of fun, and Labor Day was no exception. A few highlights...



* Attended Debi and Bill's annual hoedown at their farm. G3 was masquerading as Baby No Nap all day, so he was slightly miserable, to the point of accidently sitting down in a plate of baked beans and stabbing Grandad unmentionable places with his plastic fork. Nonetheless it was fun, and the night ended with Kellie, my mom and I watching a very terrible chick flick called "The Perfect Man". Lesson learned--if Hillary Duff is the star of the movie, it probably isn't very good.



* On Sunday my parents took off to the beach, and Gabe, Kellie and I headed to the Kipona in Harrisburg. I think its also known as the River Fest. Combination arts festival, live music, food, and carnival. We really had a great time and it didn't hurt that little Gabe was in probably the best mood of his life. He charmed multiple strangers with his flirty smile and taste-tested both lemonade and ice cream.



* Kellie and I visited a psychic. Spur of the moment--we passed her on the street in Harrisburg on the way back to the parking garage. Kellie went first and the woman basically described the state of her life (romance and otherwise) to a tee. It was spot-on enough that we were both convinced. She spent quite a bit of time talking to Kellie, and then it was my turn. Right out of the hat she told me that I had a husband who loved and honored me, but I was bringing another man into the bedroom and I needed to stop that. Say what? Obviously she was a little out in left field on that one! But she went to describe a lot of personality traits that I definitely possess. She informed me that Gabe and I are soulmates even if we don't really believe in that necessarily--but to trust it. She then informed me that she saw me with 3 happy and healthy children and...were there twins in the family? Yes, she saw me with twins. I'm just going to say now if that's true...God help us all. I'm pretty sure after hearing that, my soulmate was considering the idea of a celibate marriage...but I digress. Only time will tell if she speaks the truth!

* A pond party was had, complete with all necessary pond party elements--a clear night, a fire, alcohol...yep, I guess that's it. Kellie's friends Morgan and Jeff joined us and many a story was told of the Flock sisters' upbringing. We feasted on homemade salsa and in general had a great night. I didn't realize until the next day that it was quite possibly--pending an Indian summer--our last ponding of the season. Boo.



* Labor Day was pretty much pure laziness for all of us. Gabe (capitalizing in on his morning to sleep in) did not rouse until 2pm. G3 also took a ridiculously long nap for a huge portion of the morning. Kellie and I went shopping, got bad-for-you-food take-out, and watched another terrible chick flick, this one called "Head Over Heels". Lesson learned--if Freddie Prinz Jr is the lead, its probably going to suck.


All in all a good, relaxing, and fun weekend. A few pix...

1 comment:

Tara said...

Speaking of bad chick flicks, I recently saw one called "Definately, Maybe". It has Ryan Reynolds in it, and Abigail someone (kid actor, was also in Little Miss Sunshine?). I totally loved it. Try that one next time. :)