I was right and bad things do happen in 3's. This Wednesday I was informed that one of my old bosses (and someone I consider a friend)--Jill--went into premature labor and delivered a son at 33 weeks. Of course, I was freaking out upon hearing this news, especially considering that Jill is probably one of the nicest, kindest, whole-heartedly GOOD people I have ever known. I consulted Dr. Kellie, who assured me that the survival rate for a baby that age is extremely good, and I relaxed a little. Baby Steven came into the world doing well.
Unfortunately, due to some hospital errors that I'm not 100% sure of the details of so I won't bother going into it, the baby was downgraded to critical status and moved to CHOP (Children's Hospital). It doesn't sound very good. I'm not a big one for prayers and all that, but please keep this baby in your thoughts, and hope that he is strong enough to stay in this world for a bit. Here's hoping the 3rd bad thing is a premature baby, not a dead baby.
In other news, I survived 3 days of fishing widow-hood, and the bearded Gabe will be arriving home this afternoon. Text message reports tell of a 34 lb salmon and more, and I'm sure a request will be made for a fishing related post upon his arrival home!
I also did a trial run of G3 sleeping in his pack and play in our room (actaully our closet.) Next weekend we are having a bunch of people stay at our house next weekend (specifically, 3 familys with 1 or more children, and 1 couple.) I need to put one of these families in G3's room, and thought if there was going to be an issue with sleeping in our room I'd rather NOT find out during a party! The first night was a bit rough...but the 2nd night went great and I think an investment in a sound machine will further improve G3's "camping in mom and dad's closet" experience. I know how important a good night's sleep is for me, and I want that for my little guy too (trust me, I want that every single night!!) But also realize based on our life, there are going to be a lot of times when he is going to have to sleep somewhere different in his pack and play, and I don't want to have to stress every time we go somewhere or shake things up a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment