Gabe's yearly trip to Pulaski, NY in hopes of big salmon was a success this year. Weather was cold but conducive to salmon spawning, many fish were caught, including a "34lb monster". Gabe grew a 10-day beard and overall had a good time. We've been eating smoked salmon since Sunday, and I must say...its really good. Even G3 likes it.
This year, the fishing extravaganza was cut short due to Gabe's mom's 60th birthday party. Held on Saturday, it was at the local bowling alley and the theme was the "Fabulous Fifties" complete with an Elvis impersonator. It was like no party I've ever been to before:) All in all a good couple of hours--G3 got to try his hand at bowling, we got to see some family we don't normally see, and most importantly the birthday girl had a great time.
G3 trying his hand at bowling with a little help from Dad...
Elvis (the later years)
Really big candles!!
Cake is good.
G3 and his Grammy Horvath
While Gabe was gone I took a daytrip to Pottstown to see some of my old girlfrineds. A smaller than usual playdate allowed for more catching up (though don't be too fooled, there were at least 10 children in attendance) and the day allowed for being outdoors and even a walk up Northside Road (which is one of my favorite places ever.) As always, it leaves a part of me wishing I still had all these girls around me, wishing I was raising my son with their kids. I hope they all know how wonderfully lucky they are to have each other so close. As a nice bonus to the day, I was able to meet the 2 newest members of the baby brigade, baby Jacob and baby Will. I haven't done the math but I'd say the total number of kids amongst this crew has to be pushing 30 by this point!
G3 on Northside with a few of his P-town buddies...
No comments:
Post a Comment